Thoughts after the Cyprus’ Presidency of the Council of the European Union 2012
- Promotion of mutual understanding, trust, and cooperation among academics and intellectuals of Cyprus, Turkey and Greece through dialogue.
- Creation of opportunities for academics, intellectuals, policy makers and social actors to better understand each other’s lifestyles, ways of thinking, beliefs, customs as well as concerns and aspirations.
- Creation of opportunities for discussion of important issues and of new ideas aimed at resolving disputes, crises, or conflicts.
- Development of dialogue and of techniques on conflict resolution.
- Specifically with regard to the Cyprus problem, the Association aims to:
- Work for the reconciliation of all communities in Cyprus;
- Offer positive stimuli to the inter-communal talks with creative ideas aimed at overcoming stumbling blocks;
- Press for a peaceful, just and viable solution of the Cyprus problem on the basis of bi-zonal and bi-communal federation;
- Contribute to collective efforts of academics and intellectuals to spread and consolidate the ideas of federalism in Cyprus;
- Work as a civil society organization aspiring to a reunified, federal, and European Cyprus, and make it a catalyst for the establishment of friendship and cooperation in the triangle of Cyprus, Turkey and Greece;
- Work for the creation of a positive culture and the reunification of Cyprus;
- Work for the creation of a democratic and multicultural Cyprus;
- Cooperate with other NGO)s as well as individuals who share these values and ideas;
- Bring together academics and intellectuals of the region in an intercultural dialogue..
You also might read my book as a good information.